New Fee for Home-Buying Workshop
Effective July 19, our Home-Buying Workshop has a non-refundable fee of $100. One additional family member may attend at no charge.
If you are seeking to purchase with the assistance of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program or the Homeownership for Individuals with Disabilities Program (HIDP) and your income is $18,550 or less, the workshop will be free. Please contact us to register.
To contact the Home Ownership Department, please call 410-366-8550 x224 or x222 or email email@example.com.
Online Home Owner Counseling and Certification
We understand many first-time buyers are short on time and it can sometimes be a hassle to complete the sessions in person so we have strategically provided an online home-buying education course to give you the opportunity to complete the course at your leisure and convenience. The online home-buying course has a fee of $99 and covers topics such as:
- Are you ready to buy a home
- Managing your money
- Understanding credit
- Getting a mortgage loan
- Shopping for a home
- Keeping your home and managing your finances
Who should take this course?
- First-time home owners
- Borrowers who need home owner education certificates to qualify for a loan
- Borrowers who need to qualify local and state home-buying incentives and grants
- Individuals looking to become more educated about home ownership
- Home owners working with local housing counselors
Key features of this course:
- Complete at your own pace
- Animated videos covering all materials
- Easy-to-read content with highlighted keywords
- Quizzes throughout course to ensure understanding
- Instant access to local home ownership counselor
- An official English and Spanish online education and certification course
- Printable certificate at end of course
Home-Buying Workshop (Group Workshop)
St. Ambrose offers group workshops for first-time home-buyers who are seeking to purchase a home and possibly gain access to grants and incentives offered by the city and state programs. The group workshop cost is $100 and will offer 6 hours of the required 8 hours of education needed in order to obtain the home-buying counseling certification.
The workshop covers several important topics such as:
- Are You Ready to Buy
- Getting a Mortgage
- Understanding Credit
- Shopping for a Home
- Keeping Your House
Once the group workshop is complete you will then need to schedule a One-on-One Home-Buying Counseling session to fulfill the 8-hour home-buying education course.
2015 Group Workshop Dates
- June 20
- July 18
- August 8
- August 22
- September 12 (free of charge)
- September 26
- October 10
- October 24
- November 7
- November 21
- December 5
- December 19
|Location:||St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center
317 E. 25th Street
|Hours:||Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Free continental breakfast and lunch are provided.
|Fee:||$100, non-refundable. No charge for one additional family member. Registration closes at noon the day before the workshop.|
One-on-One Home-Buying Counseling
St. Ambrose provides one-on-one home-buying counseling to first-time home-buyers who are seeking the assistance of a certified counselor for guidance and assistance in loan qualifications, credit repair, and loan products intended for first-time buyers. Counselors will inform the client of current home-buying incentives, answer questions, and give appropriate referrals. The one-on-one session is scheduled between Monday and Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The session is generally 1 to 1 ½ hours long. Please call 410-366-8550 x222 or x221 to schedule your session.
Items needed for session:
- 2 most recent pay stubs
- 2 years of tax returns and W2’s with all attachments; 3 years if self-employed
- 2 most recent bank statements
- Copy of recent credit report if available; if not, one will be pulled in the office.
- Pre-approval letter if available