New Fee for Home-Buying Workshop
Effective July 19, our Home-Buying Workshop has a fee of $100. One additional family member may attend at no charge.
The workshop on September 12 will be free of charge to all participants, sponsored by the Baltimore City Homeowners Institute.
If you are seeking to purchase with the assistance of the Section 8 Housing Choice Voucher Program or the Homeownership for Individuals with Disabilities Program (HIDP) and your income is $18,550 or less, the workshop will be free. Please contact us to register.
To contact the Home Ownership Department, please call 410-366-8550 x224 or x222 or email email@example.com.
Online Home Owner Counseling and Certification
We understand many first-time buyers are short on time and it can sometimes be a hassle to complete the sessions in person so we have strategically provided an online home-buying education course to give you the opportunity to complete the course at your leisure and convenience. The online home-buying course has a fee of $99 and covers topics such as:
- Are you ready to buy a home
- Managing your money
- Understanding credit
- Getting a mortgage loan
- Shopping for a home
- Keeping your home and managing your finances
Who should take this course?
- First-time home owners
- Borrowers who need home owner education certificates to qualify for a loan
- Borrowers who need to qualify local and state home-buying incentives and grants
- Individuals looking to become more educated about home ownership
- Home owners working with local housing counselors
Key features of this course:
- Complete at your own pace
- Animated videos covering all materials
- Easy-to-read content with highlighted keywords
- Quizzes throughout course to ensure understanding
- Instant access to local home ownership counselor
- An official English and Spanish online education and certification course
- Printable certificate at end of course
Home-Buying Workshop (Group Workshop)
St. Ambrose offers group workshops for first-time home-buyers who are seeking to purchase a home and possibly gain access to grants and incentives offered by the city and state programs. The group workshop cost is $100 and will offer 6 hours of the required 8 hours of education needed in order to obtain the home-buying counseling certification.
The workshop covers several important topics such as:
- Are You Ready to Buy
- Getting a Mortgage
- Understanding Credit
- Shopping for a Home
- Keeping Your House
Once the group workshop is complete you will then need to schedule a One-on-One Home-Buying Counseling session to fulfill the 8-hour home-buying education course.
2015 Group Workshop Dates
- June 20
- July 18
- August 8
- August 22
- September 12 (free of charge)
- September 26
- October 10
- October 24
- November 7
- November 21
- December 5
- December 19
|Location:||St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center
317 E. 25th Street
|Hours:||Saturday, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.|
|Free continental breakfast and lunch are provided.|
One-on-One Home-Buying Counseling
St. Ambrose provides one-on-one home-buying counseling to first-time home-buyers who are seeking the assistance of a certified counselor for guidance and assistance in loan qualifications, credit repair, and loan products intended for first-time buyers. Counselors will inform the client of current home-buying incentives, answer questions, and give appropriate referrals. The one-on-one session is scheduled between Monday and Friday between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. The session is generally 1 to 1 ½ hours long. Please call 410-366-8550 x222 or x221 to schedule your session.
Items needed for session:
- 2 most recent pay stubs
- 2 years of tax returns and W2’s with all attachments; 3 years if self-employed
- 2 most recent bank statements
- Copy of recent credit report if available; if not, one will be pulled in the office.
- Pre-approval letter if available