News and Events
- Help us spread comfort and joy to those in need: Our Adopt A Family Drive raises money for families in need who live in our rental properties around the city. Make a secure donation online now, or mail a check to St. Ambrose Housing Aid Center, 321 E. 25th Street, Baltimore, MD 21218.
- Online Home Ownership Counseling: St. Ambrose now offers online home ownership counseling and certification through eHome America! Click here to learn more. | Click here to go to St. Ambrose online home ownership counseling.
- Shop St. Ambrose: The Vinnie Quayle bobbleheads are in! Celebrate Vinnie's legacy at St. Ambrose. Get your own Vinnie Quayle bobblehead for only $20!
- Affordable housing poll: Results from a recent survey on the state of affordable housing in Maryland. Read the report (PDF)
- Talk to St. Ambrose is a conversation about housing and neighborhood preservation in Baltimore. Staff members at St. Ambrose share thoughts with you about what's new and what's happening behind the scenes. We invite you to share your ideas and questions with the community.
- Get the latest news: Sign up for the St. Ambrose e-newsletter.
- Follow us on Twitter
- Visit our Facebook fan page
Programs at a Glance
We offer solutions through the following programs:
- The Home Ownership program offers first-time homebuyers individual counseling sessions and group homebuyer workshops.
- The Homesharing program helps home owners stay in and maintain their homes who may be experiencing difficulty making ends meet because of age or some other life circumstance.
- The Rental Services program provides decent, affordable housing to low to moderate income individuals, seniors, and families. We also provide case management services to our residents in order to meet a wide variety of needs.
- The Housing Development program has grown into a major community development corporation that has renovated over 1,300 vacant houses and buildings, including 400 low-income rental units that St. Ambrose now manages.
- The Foreclosure Prevention program counsels families who may be experiencing financial trouble with their mortgage or seeking a home equity conversion mortgage.
- The Legal Services program provides direct representation to homeowners who are in default and facing foreclosure.